perspectiveLab was set up within the centre of expertise of perspective.brussels: a laboratory for urban life that aims to further extend its remit. It is intended to be a space for meeting and collaborative creation, made up of all collaborators, while being open to a wide audience of professionals and interested parties.
The Lab as a tool for internal and external communication
- Organisation of seminars
- Communication via social networks or the website
The Lab as a centre of expertise on the city
Being a laboratory of ideas and reflection
- Networking for the actors implicated in the missions of perspective.brussels
- Highlighting innovative projects or ideas
- Preparing the themes addressed, by encouraging links with the actors concerned
- General organisation of events
- Critical presentation of the themes addressed, debate + possible exhibitions
- Implementation of a working process to implement possible recommendationsMise en lumière de projets ou d’idées innovantes
Being a place for "project-based research"
- Organisation of masterclasses (« Brussels hypercentre, zoom-in zoom-out », « pool is cool »)
- Organisation of juries and exhibitions (in the context of university masters, etc.)
- Hosting of events (pyblik, expo « 1 district, 10 photographers, 100 pictures », …)
- Hosting of Belgian and foreign academics and students
- Producing publications
Being a facilitator of urban development
- Participation in drafting the cross-cutting strategic documents (Regional Industrial Plan)
- Coordination of cross-cutting studies (study on the urban integration of economic activities)
The Lab as a cross-cutting facilitator via the "work in progress"
Implementation of an iterative work process on specific themes, by creating links between the various perspective.brussels teams and the actors concerned ("housing and urban planning", "regional jogging plan").