Urban Density: "Density and Architecture" webinars
On 27 April, the fifth episode of our webinar series concerning urban density was held. This series is part of a season of reflection and production which perspective.brussels is devoting to the definition of a density which can be combined with the quality of life.
Nearly 80 listeners heard Eran Chen, Founder of the New York architectural firm ODA, sharing his vision of architecture serving quality density. Read the full text of his speech, shared images and the exchanges which followed by clicking on this link.
We believe that five lessons should be learned from this testimony based upon an international and particularly qualitative practice of architecture:
- Only urban density makes the animation, sharing and production of new amenities possible.
- The fragmentation of volumes should lead to the maximisation of social interactions.
- It is the ground floor spaces (built or unbuilt) which allow for the maximum number of exchanges and meetings.
- Urban quality must be designed at the block level.
- Fragmentation, repetition and simplicity of forms are the parameters for an architecture which possesses quality density.
All the webinars from this season are available on the perspective.brussels YouTube page.